Tuesday, April 5, 2011

the flu brings out the best in people

so today i woke up with a fever. my body aches. i slept most of the day. i couldn't do anything. [thankfully my husband took madison to pre-school & i am feeling a little better--as of now] my husband took care of me all morning, well until he had to go to work, bless him. i think i forgot how miserable the flu can be. now i feel even worse for poor madison because a few days ago- she too had the flu. motherhood can be tough- i am still feverish & yucky but needed to pull myself off of the comfy chair in our living room to pick madison up from school. as a mother you have to put your child first- even on days like today- when it's the hardest thing you have to do. sometimes as a mother- you feel like you take care of everyone and not yourself...but at 4:00pm I realized how caring my little family is- and for a second i smiled. my daughter looked at me and said "it's okay momma--i'll hold your hand and take care of you." my heart melted and i thought to myself i may not be a perfect mother- but i'm raising my daughter to be quite sweet, giving & caring--and that's all that matters to me. 



4 comments:

  1. How wonderful! That has to just warm your heart when she offers such kindness! Good job mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome, fellow mommy, so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you just made me tear up Mand! You are an awesome mommy. I hope to be half as good as you come May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet! Wonder where she got that from? Kudos to you guys as parents =)
    I'm a new follower, come say hi @ ModernMomRedefined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete